Corporate Filing

Corp1 Document Filing and Registered Agent Services

Nationwide Corporate Filing Services

Our nationwide network of agents and correspondents provides corporate filing expertise in all 50 States and even internationally. We have offices in Delaware, Colorado, and Wyoming, spanning multiple time zones and delivering superior customer service.

Our team will prepare or review and submit corporate filing documents prepared by our office, you, an attorney, or an accountant and ensure timely submission and communication until the documents are accepted and filed.

Such documents include incorporation papers, LLC formation documents, annual reports, amendments, foreign qualifications and others, depending on the state’s specific requirements. Filing your entity’s documents ensures that you follow state laws, regulations, and administrative practices and can secure the company’s right to operate within the state. Once your company filing is complete, the public can view “public information” about the business, promoting transparency and accountability.

DE Annual Report and Corporate Transparency Act Premium Filing & Monitoring Service

With Corp1’s Delaware Annual Report & Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) Premium Filing & Monitoring Service powered by SingleFile, managing DE Annual Reports and the new CTA mandates are a breeze. This technology-powered platform helps thousands of organizations and advisors schedule, pay, and file on time, reducing time, errors, and missed deadlines.

File your DE Annual Report

Corporate Transparency Act. File your Beneficial Ownership Information Report (BOIR)

Entity Types

Please find below the most common entity types with a brief description for each. Contact us if you need help or have any questions.



An LLC is a hybrid – a combination of a corporation and a partnership. LLCs enjoy the limited liability of a corporation and the pass-thru tax treatment of a partnership, where the individual members (owners) take the tax liability to their personal tax returns.



“C” corporations are those taxed by the Internal Revenue Service as a regular corporation and pay income tax based on corporation tax rates. “C” corporations may issue shares of stock.


“S” Corporations may have tax advantages for U.S. taxpayers because the tax liability flows to the stockholders. Profits and losses are passed through to the individual stockholder’s tax returns and are taxed at the individual rate. An “S” corporation is a “C” corporation in structure, and is registered as a corporation with the state, but elects to be taxed as a small business with the IRS.

Close Corporations

A Close Corporation (sometimes called “closely held”) can be desirable for a small business. It has three special provisions: the stock cannot be traded on a public exchange; the number of stockholders must be specified and cannot be more than 30; & and certain limitations may be placed on the stock transfer.

Nonprofit Corporations

A Certificate of Incorporation, generally drafted by an attorney or Certified Public Accountant to assure non-profit status, may indicate that the company is not for profit. However, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) grants non-profit tax status, and additional steps must be taken to ensure IRS approval.

Public Benefit Corps

A benefit corporation is a new class that voluntarily meets higher social purpose, accountability, and transparency standards, allowing the company to designate revenue to social causes. Examples of “B” corporations include Patagonia, Silk, Bombas TOMS, and Tom’s of Maine

Assumed Name/DBA

A DBA, or Doing Business As, allows a person or entity to conduct business under a name other than its legal name. A DBA can be used when your legal name is unavailable, to distinguish services within your business, or for marketing purposes. AKA Assumed Name or Trade Name. Requirements vary by state.

Foreign Qualification

If you have a business storefront or W-2 employees in which customers visit to make purchases, then a state will consider you to be “doing business” In that state.  You will be expected to either incorporate there or register an entity if incorporated in another state first. Some companies find that the best solution is to incorporate their business in a business-friendly state, like Delaware, and then QUALIFY their Delaware company to do business in other states, also known as a Foreign Qualification. This can be done between any two states, and some companies qualify themselves to do business in many states. You may find that the best solution is to simply incorporate in your home state, and that is O.K. – we can incorporate your business in the state of your choice!

Need help preparing corporate documents for filing? No worries. Email us, and let’s set a time to talk about your project.

Get in Touch

Complete the form below, and we will get right back to you.

Please let us know what's on your mind. Have a question for us? Ask away.